Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Kinky Orange



If you need a bright, summery drink, this is the beverage for you.

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm a huge fan of miniatures. After all, what better way to cheaply try lots of different alcoholic drinks without spending a ton of money? On my last road trip, I cleared out a small liquor store's supply of miniatures (not really - I only took one of each!) and I'm still working my way through them.

Kinky is a liqueur I haven't tried before.

It's described on the bottle as being:
Kinky Liqueur is a naughty infusion of super premium vodka distilled 5 times with succulent mango, blood orange liqueur, and passion fruit.

On a whim, I decided to mix it with my Fanta tonight and see what happened. The result was surprisingly pleasant. I mixed 1 part Kinky with 2 parts orange and it actually tasted very summery and fruity. My husband had a sip and pointed out that this is something that you'd drink on a cruise. If you're planning a summer party, luau, or event, this could be a great way to add a bit of tropical taste to your party.

I will note that I'm not a fan of passion fruit and tend to shy away from passion fruit flavored-anything, but I was actually surprised that this tasted fantastic. If you have a friend or relative who tends to shy away from drinks that taste too "alcohol-y," this is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment