Friday, February 7, 2014

Modified Mojito

I love mojitos! Unfortunately, I've had a hard time finding a bar or restaurant in Boulder that can make a really fantastic mojito. I had the opportunity to review the Epica Stainless Steel & Gridded Nylon Cocktail Muddler this week, so I decided to try it out by making my own modified mojitos at home.


Here's what I used for my mojito: 
Malibu rum
Strawberry sparkling water
Mint leaves
Lime
Heart-shaped ice cubes
My muddler


Step 1 is simply. Place the mint leaves in the bottom of your glass along with a few slices of lime. I cut my lime in half, then the half into quarters. The ridges in this muddler made it very easy to use. I also loved how easy the handle was to grip. You'll want to really get the juices out of the lime. They'll blend together with the mint for a fantastic taste.


Add in your ice, then top with rum and sparkling water. Note that in most mojito recipes, you'll use white rum, club soda, and sugar. This is definitely a lower-calorie alternative. I added 2 ounces of rum and 8 ounces of sparkling water. Because of the flavors, this turned out to be a fruity mojito without being overwhelming. The muddler really got the flavors of the mint and the lime going and the strawberry flavoring in the water tasted great. Next time I'm going to plan to use actual strawberries in this drink for an even fresher taste.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment